Residence Certificate, Residence Certificate in Vietnam
According to Vietnam’s legal regulations, the Foreigner if temporarily living in Vietnam for at least 01 year should have the certificate of temporary residence issued by the authorized immigration management agency of the Ministry of Public Security.
The certificate of temporary residence is valid from 01 year to 03 years.
The holder of temporary residence certificate will be exempted from visa for exiting and entering during the certificate validity.
The following person should apply for certificate of temporary residence:
- Member of the Management Board, Member Council and Operation Board (General Director or Board of Directors);
- Director of the branch, representative office of a Vietnam-based overseas businessperson;
- The foreigner whose work permit is valid at least 01 year;
Kinds of temporary residence certificates
- The residence certificate which is valid for 01 year;
- The residencecertificate which is valid for 01 – 02 years;
- The residence certificate which is valid for 02 – 03 years;
- 04 photos of 3 x 4 cm; photographed from the front, with head wearing nothing, face and ears being clear, not wearing glasses and the photos not exceeding 01 year old;
- 01 copy of effective passport, immigration card (the originals should be attached for reference);
- 01 copy (the originals should be attached for reference) of the certificate which details the purpose of staying in Vietnam (including one(s) of the following certificates, depending on specific case:
Investment license, license on enterprise establishment, work permit, certificate of member of Management Board, license on representative office establishment, marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc).
- In addition, the old temporary residence certificate should be also submitted. If the old certificate is coverted to new certificate due to change of passport number; the accompanies (wife, children, etc), if already provided with temporary residence certificate, will not be required to submit the documents detailing the purpose of staying in Vietnam.
Requirements for being provided with temporary residence certificate
- The concerned foreigner should live in Vietnam for at least 01 year;
- The passport should be valid for at least 01 year.
Consultancy services provided by Viet An Law:
- Procedures on application for issuance of foreigner’s in-Vietnam temporary residence certificate;
- Translation, notarization and consular legalization of documents for issuance of temporary residence certificate;
- Conditions of in-Vietnam temporary residence certificate;
- Completion of documents in-Vietnam temporary residence certificate;
- Fulfilment of procedures on application for temporary residence certificate at State’s authorized agencies.
|Contact us - Viet An Law Firm - Vietnam Law|
|Viet An Law Firm - Vietnam Law|
|No.9, Lane 08, Lieu Giai Street, Ba Dinh, Hanoi||Lawyer : Ha Do Thu|
|Phone : (+84.4) 37346869||Mobile : (+844)913 380 750|
|Mobile : (+84)933113366||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fax : (+84.4) 37346879|
- Private-equity deals to rebound in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam sees risk inflation will accelerate
- Indebted Vietnam seafood firm to swap bank debts for equity
- Jailed ex-head of indebted Vietnam shipbuilder faces more charges
- In cash or in kind
- Nowhere to hide
- Vietnam tech exports overtaking garments eases trade gap
- Grads struggle for jobs in finance, banking sectors
- Production remains weak in Vietnam, says HSBC
- Vietnam public debt more than half of GDP, but still ‘safe’