Trademark Registration Service in Vietnam
Information required for trademark registration
- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Description of the trademark: meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of characters into Vietnamese if the trademark contains foreign characters;
- List of goods/services to be covered by the trademark (under or upon the business registration scope)
Documents required to be provided by Customer to Viet An Law:
- 15 models of trademark (letter / picture / combination of letter and picture) with the dimension not smaller than 3 x 3 cm and not larger than 8 x 8 cm.
- The procuration compiled by Viet An Law with the signature and seal of the applicant;
- Copy of the application for prority right (if any);
- Documentation of confirmation on right of using the special signs (symbol, flag, badge, seal, etc) if any;
- Documentation of confirmation on trademark registration right (if any);
- Documentation of confirmation on right of registration right inheritage from others (if any);
- Regulations on collective use of the trademark / certificate (if any)
Up-looking of trademark
- The up-looking of trademark is not the compulsory procedure but very important.
This procedure will guarantee whether the trademark to be registered by the Customer is new or not and the result of this procedure will confirm the posibility of certificate issuance for the Customer’s Patent / Utility Solution, which may save time, force and money used for the registration of trademark
- Viet An Law will look up preliminarily Your trademark basing on the database available at National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam and also provide the service of trademark up-looking at the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Process of trademark registration
- Submission of trademark documents
- After there is the confirmation on posibility of protection for the trademark, Viet An Law will provide the service of trademark protection.
- Holding the entity of an intellectual property representative and being authorized by the Customer, Viet An Law will make the direct transaction with the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam of Vietnam to fulfill all of the procedures such as compilation of documents, submission of documents, fees, charges for trademark registration, progress supervision, reply as well as receipt and transfer of the Certificate to the Customer.
- Duration of consideration
- Not later than 01 month since the submission date, the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam will release the notice of form test (This notice may by the approval if the application for trademark contains no form-related error).
- Not later than 02 months since the notice of form test, the application will be announced on the Official Gazette of Industrial Property.
- Not later than 06 months since the announcement of industrial property, the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam will announce the result of application content consideration.
- Not later than 01 month since the date of Notice of consideration result which details that the trademark meets the protection standards, the Certificate will be issued to the applicant.
- Besides, the additional time is available for the applicant to qualify the form or submit the complaint against the content consideration notice released by the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Validity of the protection Certificate
- The Certificate is considered valid throughout Vietnam.
The Certificate of trademark registration is considered valid since the issuance date to the end of the 10th year since the submission date.
The extension may be registered by many successive times with ten years per one time.
- The protection Certificate is considered expired in the following cases:
- The Certificate owner does not pay the validity fee or extend the validity as regulated.
- The Certificate owner announces his/her waiver of the industrial property
- The Certificate owner is dead or the owner of trademark registration Certificate does not operate the business any more without any legal heir.
- The trademark is not used by the owner or the authorized person for five successive years before the date of expiry without any reasonable reasons, exception for the cases where the use of trademark is commenced or resumed at least three (3) months before the date of termination request.
- The owner of the collective trademark registration certificate fails to supervise or ineffectively supervises the compliance with the regulations on use of the collective trademark;
- The owner of the collective trademark registration certificate violates the regulations on use of the certified trademark or fails to supervise or ineffectively supervises the compliance with such regulations;
|Contact us - Viet An Law Firm - Vietnam Law|
|Viet An Law Firm - Vietnam Law|
|No.9, Lane 08, Lieu Giai Street, Ba Dinh, Hanoi||Lawyer : Ha Do Thu|
|Phone : (+84.4) 37346869||Mobile : (+844)913 380 750|
|Mobile : (+84)933113366||Email: email@example.com|
|Fax : (+84.4) 37346879|
- Private-equity deals to rebound in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam sees risk inflation will accelerate
- Indebted Vietnam seafood firm to swap bank debts for equity
- Jailed ex-head of indebted Vietnam shipbuilder faces more charges
- In cash or in kind
- Nowhere to hide
- Vietnam tech exports overtaking garments eases trade gap
- Grads struggle for jobs in finance, banking sectors
- Production remains weak in Vietnam, says HSBC
- Vietnam public debt more than half of GDP, but still ‘safe’